Welcome to Xbox-Vibes

Sign In Register

🇬🇧What is a Ping in xbox console? Lower ping and reducing lag.

• Administrator

@Hassanaq so basically "ping" is a speed the game takes to send data to the server and back while playing. For example, when you jump in a game, this information is sent from the console to the game servers and the servers sends it back to the game in the form of a jump.

game>server>game=ping

This is the simplest form I tried to explain that to you and I hope you understand it? I forgot to add that you are looking for a lower ping not the high one, why? because its mean that is less interference in your connection and that mean a less lagging.

It’s true, and it’s nothing to do with the console but your broadband. It’s depends how “clean” is the connection, as data/request when is send must travel to the server as quickest as possible without any bumps or stops. It’s like a highway if you know what I mean. With to add that wired connection to your router will definitely helps. 

• Administrator

@Hassanaq I will say an internet connection and really good speed. Below I put a list of things that may help you to lower the ping/speed up the connection.

• Routers and how updated they are, where they’re placed, and whether their firmware is up to date
  • Computers and whether they’re outdated, un-optimized for gaming, or need to be cleaned
  • Caches on your router or modems whether they’re full
  • The number of devices your network is supporting
  • A game’s settings and whether they’re over-optimized
  • Applications and programs running in the background on your device
  • Auto-updates that go into effect during your gameplay

Its worth to add that lagging only affecting multiplayer and online gaming...

• Premium

To reduce lagging and ping I recommend you to check your router speed, and number of devices connected to your network. I heard as well something about two different channels you can set up your router with, like 5GHz or 2.4??